Friday, November 19, 2010

Today is just Friday.. TGIF

I am always amazed by folks when they say TGIF.  It's 2:00 p.m. on a Friday.  I have a meeting with a few people near the end of the day.  But then it gets quiet in my office and I get a third wave of energy -- the next thing I know-- its 7:30 p.m. and dark.  My thoughts of going to the store on the way home are now gone.  I can push out one more email to someone-- make one more phone call-- sign one more thank you letter. 

It's sad to think about my work/life balance because it is really Fridays when I actually get out of the office at a decent time.  I have not learned to transfer my Friday schedule to Monday through Thursdays.   

One of my favorite cartoons is PINKY and the BRAIN.. In it-- the Brain's plan was to take over the world everyday.   And I believe that drives me to my third wave of energy at 2:00 p.m.  I must take over the world and it does not matter -- but some how on Friday-- I can give myself a stopping point of 7:30 p.m. instead of 10:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment